The voice behind the final generation of Thin Lizzy and frontman for the superb Irish rockers Black Star Riders announces his solo project, leading off with opening single ‘The Road to Damascus Street’.
Set to release a double album, ‘When Patsy Cline Was Crazy (and Guy Mitchell Sang the Blues) and unplugged ‘Hearts on Trees’ come February 26th 2016 via Nuclear Blast Record.
Ricky continues with the Northern Irish roots and charm we all know from Thin Lizzy and BSR, blending with an ‘Americana’ sound, bringing to song stories of life and experiences growing up around Belfast.
The albums will host a huge array of talent, with friends and rock stars all over guesting on tracks including Joe Elliot (Def Leppard), Damen Johnson (Thin Lizzy/BSR), Andy Cairns (Therapy?), Billy Morrison (Billy Idol), Ginger Wildheart (The Wildhearts) and Jake Burns (Stiff Little Fingers).
Ricky Warwick & The Fighting Hearts are set to travel the UK extensively in 2016, supporting good friends Stiff Little Fingers. Be sure to catch them at one of the following shows:
- Thu 25th Feb – Oxford Academy ∙ Fri 26th Feb – Portsmouth Pyramids
- Sat 27th Feb – Exeter Phoenix ∙ Sun 28th Feb – Cardiff University (Solus)
- Tue 1st Mar – Wolverhampton Robin 2 ∙ Wed 2nd Mar – Leamington Spa Assembly Rooms
- Fri 4th Mar – London Forum – Sat 5th Mar – Northampton Roadmenders
- Sun 6th Mar – Bristol Academy ∙ Tue 8th Mar – Cambridge Junction
- Wed 9th Mar – Norwich Waterfront ∙ Fri 11th Mar – Nottingham Rock City
- Sat 12th Mar – Leeds Academy ∙ Mon 14th Mar – Aberdeen Garage
- Tue 15th Mar – Inverness Ironworks ∙ Thu 17th Mar – Glasgow Barrowlands
- Fri 18th Mar – Newcastle Academy ∙ Sat 19th Mar – Manchester Ritz