You may know Trivium as one of the biggest names in metal today but back in 2003 they had only released their debut ‘Ember To Inferno’.
Fast forward to today, the band have teamed up with 5B management and Cooking Vinyl to re-release the album. Also a deluxe version with 13 previously unreleased early versions
Front-man Matt Heafy had this to say:
“The purpose of this release is to show the very early beginnings of Trivium—perhaps an era unbeknownst to most listeners of the band … To look back at Ember as the starting point of Trivium becoming recognized worldwide is a staggering thought for me, considering I was 16/17 years old during the writing and recording of the record…As a kid, I always said the ‘goal’ was to be in a massive metal band. I don’t think I actually knew what it would mean to have fans in different parts of the world, and I still can’t believe people care so much that they actually want to hear the music that pre-dates our Roadrunner-years. To this day, I am still completely blown away that people are singing words to songs I wrote when I was 16 years old. It’s an amazing feeling.”
Ember To Inferno will be released in four configurations, with the deluxe editions containing the band’s earliest songs “Ruber” (aka the Red Demo), “Caeruleus” (aka the Blue Demo) and “Flavus” (aka the Yellow Demo). Fans can pre-order all formats online via https://triv.lnk.to/ETI.
The formats available are:
- Ember To Inferno — Standard CD.
- Ember To Inferno — Standard Vinyl LP, which is the original album in a 2LP Gatefold on orange/black marble vinyl.
- Ember To Inferno: Ab Initio — Deluxe CD, which is the original album with new artwork, plus 13 bonus tracks and expanded booklet in a digipak. The 13 bonus tracks are the band’s earliest songs – “Ruber” (aka the Red Demo), “Caeruleus” (aka the Blue Demo) and “Flavus” (aka the Yellow Demo).
- Ember To Inferno: Ab Initio — Deluxe 5LP Box, which is five coloured LPs in a special box including the original album in a 2LP Gatefold on orange/black marble vinyl, the expanded booklet, a poster, a stencil, and 13 bonus tracks over three LPs. The 13 bonus tracks are the band’s earliest songs – “Ruber” (aka the Red Demo) on transparent red vinyl, “Caeruleus” (aka the Blue Demo) on transparent blue vinyl, and “Flavus” (aka the Yellow Demo) on transparent yellow vinyl.
EMBER TO INFERNO – STANDARD EDITION TRACK LIST
1. Inception: The Bleeding Skies
2. Pillars Of Serpents
3. If I Could Collapse The Masses
4. Fugue (A Revelation)
6. Ember To Inferno
8. To Burn The Eye
9. Falling To Grey
10. My Hatred
11. When All Light Dies
12. A View Of Burning Empires
EMBER TO INFERNO: AB INITIO DELUXE ONLY BONUS TRACKS
Ruber (On Transparent Red Vinyl for Box Set)
3. Lake Of Fire
Caeruleus (On Transparent Blue Vinyl for Box Set)
4. To Burn The Eye
7. My Hatred
8. The Storm
Flavus (On Transparent Yellow Vinyl for Box Set)
11. Like Light To The Flies
12. Blinding Tears Will Break The Skies
13. The Decieved
You can catch Trivium live in UK/ Ireland next year:
Sat 11th Feb – DUBLIN Academy
Sun 12th Feb – BELFAST Limelight
Tue 14th Feb – BIRMINGHAM Institute
Wed 15th Feb – MANCHESTER Academy
Thu 16th Feb – GLASGOW Barrowlands
Fri 17th Feb – LONDON Roundhouse
Sat 18th Feb – NOTTINGHAM Rock City